Fast-dissolving tablet (Nadcc )
Water purification tablets
Aqua Chem Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (SDIC) water purification tablets are effervescent
tablets which kill all micro- organisms in water to prevent cholera, typhoid, dysentery and
other water borne diseases.
SDIC effervescent tablets are available in a range of different tablet sizes. Each tablet size
is formulated to treat a specific volume of water - ranging from 1L to 2,500L.
SDIC effervescent tablets are used both in emergency situations and also for continuous
use in households that do not have access to safe drinking water.
Why it's necessary to use ?
1. Many water sources throughout the world, even after filtration, remain
contaminated and require some form of disinfection.
2. SDIC effervescent tablets enable areas without access to water disinfection systems to
benefit from the advantages of chlorination without any infrastructure requirements in a
speedy and cost effective manner.
3. SDIC effervescent tablets are simple to use, easily transported, cost effective and
affordable to low income groups.
4. SDIC effervescent tablets utilise materials specifically approved to International
standards for use in drinking water with /ANSI Standard 60 certification.
5. SDIC effervescent tablets have been evaluated and selected by leading Aid Agencies,
Non Governmental Organisations and Defence Forces worldwide.
1. Select the tablet size for the volume of water to be treated.
Litres Emergency Household Water
1 Litre 8.5mg 3.5mg
4-5 Litres 33mg 17mg
10 Litres 67mg 33mg
20-25 Litres 167mg 67mg
200-400 Litres 1.67gm 1.67gm
2. Add the tablet to the water and ensure thorough mixing.
3. Wait at least 30 minutes and then enjoy the benefits of safe water.
4. If, at the outset, the water is turbid (dirty looking), first filter through a cloth and then
add SDIC effervescent tablets using a double dose.
SDIC effervescent tablets Number of tablets to use To make this much water safe
Strength Clear Water Cloudy Water Liter Gallon
8.5 mg 1 2 2.5 liters ½ gallon
17 mg 1 2 5 liters 1 gallon
33 mg 1 2 10 liters 2½ gallon
67 mg 1 2 20 liters 5 gallons
167 mg 1 2 40 liters 10 gallons
Aqua Chem is one professional and leading chinese swimming pool & spa chemicals manufacturer and exporter. We invest and hold share TCCA and SDIC factory, and keep long-term stable partner relationship with several partners, that guarantee us to provide you full series of solutions for swimming pool.
Office address: No.2, West Daqing Road, Yancheng City, Jiangsu Province, China
Tel: 86-515-88356562 Fax: 86-515-88356567 www.aquachem.cn